frequently asked questions
Why is Luxe Interiors + Design taking on this initiative?
RED is about Residential Excellence In Design. BE RED, and the Luxe RED Awards, aims to inspire, showcase and unite design professionals, influencers and consumers from across the country. We believe it is time to celebrate and recognize the excellence and innovation that takes place within our local design communities.
What makes the Luxe RED Awards Different?
The idea behind the Luxe RED Awards is to identify the most inspiring and creative projects of 2016-2017. From here, we will use these amazing projects as a source of inspiration for customers and trade professionals across the country.
The Luxe RED Awards is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive award event in the residential design industry. We are the only awards program that recognizes local talent in design regions across the country and then celebrates those winners nationally, providing tremendous exposure for all winners.
Due to our local and national roots, we will be crowning approximately 150 winners in a variety of categories with local, national, and reader’s choice appointments. All winners are celebrated at appropriate levels with both awards, print recognition, digital recognition and experiential recognition.
When does the competition open?
Design professionals that wish to participate can start doing so October 15, 2017. The competition submission period will close on December 15, 2017.
Are there certain key dates I need to be aware of?
Below is a listing of the key dates. You can always email us at email@example.com if you have questions:
- 10.15.17 Competition opens
- 12.15.17 Competition closes
- 1.15.18 Reader’s Choice voting begins
- 2.1.18 Regional winners notified/Reader’s Choice voting ends
- 3.1.18 National winners notified/Reader’s Choice winners notified
- Spring 2018 National and regional winners recognized at Luxe RED Awards ceremony
Are there certain rules I need to be aware of when submitting?
There are a few primary rules you should be aware of:
- Design pros must be located in one of our 13 regions
- Projects must be located in the United States
- Projects must have been completed between 2016 and 2017
What is the submission process like?
We know everyone is busy so we made the submission process easy and quick. The one thing that makes the most sense prior to beginning your submission process is to collect your photography. You can load up to 5 images of your project. Also, if you plan on doing multiple submissions, you might want to get all your items ready.
What are the judging criteria when it comes to selecting the winners?
Our Editor in Chief along with a panel of judges will vet submissions and select winners. They will evaluate the overall aesthetics, the regional relevance of the work, and the creativity that went into the project.
Aesthetics: Is the design engaging, compelling, visually stimulating? Does it provoke interest, have the capacity to be captivating?
Regionally Relevant: How well does the project fit into its regional landscape and environment? How appropriate is it in context?
Creativity: Does it incorporate a forward-thinking or original approach, use a new medium or materials?
What do winners receive?
- Prestigious Regional Display Award
- 100 reprints of in-book award coverage recognition
- National promotion in May/June Regional Winner Special Editorial Section of Luxe Interiors + Design
- Promoted locally on Luxe Interiors + Design digital platforms
- Celebrated locally in your market at a sponsored event
- Included in 10K overruns of May/June issue, distributed to 250 private jet terminals
- Prestigious National Display Award
- Heightened National Promotion in May/June National Winner Special Editorial Section of Luxe Interiors + Design
- Promoted nationally on Luxe Interiors + Design digital platforms
- Celebrated nationally at a grand campaign event
What is the cost for entry?
Our goal is to celebrate design, and we have priced this program accordingly. For design professionals who wish to submit one project, the entry is $195. And, since we know most of you have several projects that you would like to enter, we have a lower rate of $95 for additional entries.
If your project is something you would like to have entered into our Reader’s Choice Awards, where the project is presented online for a national audience to vote on, there is an additional $25 fee.
Who do you contact for general info?
Sign up to receive the latest updates on the Luxe RED awards: